Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Migraines

What is the point of migraines? I believe that it is for the makers of Excedrine to make millions of dollars off of suffering people like me. Hello: It's 6:49 AM and I am recovering from a nasty migraine that hit me this morning and, although the pain is gone, the caffeine is just starting to kick in. I think at this point, my poor husband can check the "single-dad" box on his next survey because he has taken care of these boys while I lay in bed debilitated and totally useless. I have had many thoughts this week about how a power drill can alleviate the pressure in my head (You saw that Grey's Anatomy too, huh?) or just a sledge hammer, really.
I'd like to thank my parents for my ongoing headaches. Thank you, thank you for the poor vision that has left me with eyeballs that are 2 times the size of a normal human's...maybe putting increased pressure on my brain (only a thought-doctor says that isn't the case, but how can it not be?). Thank you for passing on the genetic disposition for migraines triggered by, uh, just about everything I come into contact with (waking up, sunlight, moonlight, smelly candles, work, noise, exercise, driving...).
I am positive though. These last few days have given me the motivation to seek the added attention of a doctor, again, and even further if I don't get answers. I can't live like this. No parent should live with migraines not brought on by their own children. That is a different kind of migraine that I signed up for.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds bad. Hope you made an appointment already. Maybe a chiropractor could help you.

    ReplyDelete