Saturday, October 17, 2009

All Things USC

I guess it was just a matter of time before this household would catch on to the craze of which the US calls college football. Jerrod had never been really interested and the boys had better things to do on a weekend, like play video games or clean their rooms... But something happened this week. Actually, it started about 2 weeks ago when Cayden expressed interest in a football jersey. The nice jerseys are expensive and I told him that he had to save up his money. Well, how about that? His birthday party came and went and he had a pocket-full of money. He chose a USC jersey. Very nice! Jerrod and I didn't attend USC, but we do have a soft place in our hearts for over-priced, small, private, CA colleges. We met at one....that didn't have a football team, so that gives us every right to claim USC as our football team of choice.
Back to this week, I began to notice that certain things would catch my eye, like USC tortilla chips at the supermarket. I would fall into certain conversations, like one with a student who was telling me that she was going to Chicago just to see this Saturday's game...
Needless to say, Jerrod went shopping for "game food" (it wouldn't surprise me if the USC chips made their way into our home) and Cayden invited his aunt to come over and watch the game. How did I even think that I would get away with living a football-free life with 4 boys in my household? I don't know, but now I need to go to the library and educate myself on our new-found-love. Fight on!

No comments:

Post a Comment