Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Life Lessons RE Toilet Paper


Big B learned an important lesson this evening. It was time. He is mature enough. If he is going to be the one to use the last of the tp, he better put a new roll on. I asked him, "Who in their right-mind is going to think that this is enough to wipe with?" Then I told him to replace the roll. He tried to play smart with me and said, "Uh, the person who should really be doing this is the next guy", but I told him that the next pooper would not appreciate it, especially if there wasn't a roll to be found within arm's reach. So he got up out of his bed and he changed it for me.
Would it be too much for someone to start a book of written tp rules? For instance, It really makes more sense if the paper rolls over the top of the roll. You can argue with me, but I hate it when you pull too hard and the paper keeps unrolling from under the roll. How about ripping on the perforation instead of making an uneven tear? What's the point if you don't use the dotted line? 2-ply. Why do they even bother with 1-ply? You have to use twice as much. Scented tp. If you need scented tp, it really must be time to take a shower. I'll stop there, but if you have others to add......

1 comment:

  1. WARNING - TMI ALERT -

    I never was one to understand the infatuation with the over-the-top people. "Under-wonder" works fine,[and since that's how my mom did it, it must be right]...unless you panic, think there is someone at the door and pull it super hard only to have it unroll on you. A simple one handed pull down with a slight left-to-right quick tug, and "whal-la", a neat wipe ready for use.

    I do agree on the 1-ply, why bother....although it has never happened to me... it would be disgusting to tear during a wipe...

    Knowing that I have already gone way past the TMI line, and my wife will be horrified, somehow I always seem to be the one putting the tp on the holder. the rest of the family will find it, but just balance it precariously on top of the old one, where it is "unlikely?" to fall into the trash or the toilet if you flinch the wrong way or bump it...again, just conjecture, as that hasn't happened to me....

    As for the life lesson, I applaud your insistence on getting your kid up to correct his oversight. Many a night I drag the kids (ok, just Ben) out of bed to close the car door that was left open, or turn off the light in the car, or take the OTHER two trash cans out (no matter how many years he has done it, he always forgets the two green ones...)

    Hey- this blog thing is kinda fun...I will await your toilet book.

    ReplyDelete