Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Battle of the Bulk

I do think it a bit funny that we planned for an evening of fun at Costco with the boys. It's been months since our last visit. To lighten the stress, usually it is just one of us and the other stays at home with the boys. If it's Jerrod that goes, he is a precise shopper and comes back with what is on the list, except for that one time when he came home with a camera and a foam surf board...... If I go, who knows what will come home with me. I start with a list, but tend to find other items that I "forgot" to add. If we take the kids, like we did today, it seems like the trip is quick and efficient. We work as a team and cover twice the aisles in half the time. We say things like, "...but do we really need this much?" and the other will answer, "We can just go to the store later." Jerrod keeps me away from the chocolate and we don't even attempt the seasonal, technology, clothing, or entertainment sections for fear that there might be a break-down.
So why don't we always take the boys?
1. the car ride is almost unbearable....the singing, the fighting, the crying,....
2. Like me, they get the "I-Wants". You know... "I want to get..." And we're talking in bulk. I don't really think that it is the best idea to have a 5 lb. bag of cheese ravioli just for Bryson.
3. Today I had to explain to Cayden why it was rude to laugh at me for getting the bulk-sized panty liners. Embarassing! I let him know that there will be a day in his life when he will be going to the store to get them for HIS wife.
4. If Rylan was to drop those eggs, that would be 6 more than if we had bought at Ralphs.
5. The ride home.
We are survivors though. We made it home with tp to last us for the rest of the year, a bag of broccoli that will go half-finished because we just couldn't eat any more if it, and those panty liners that are gonna get me though until menopause.

No comments:

Post a Comment