Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Voodoo

I made that trip to the chiropractor/nutritionalist yesterday and I am not sure if it's a Pygmalion effect, but I am feeling pretty darn swell at this point. I, according to this DC, was out of allignment and I also have allergies to egg and white bleached flour. Western medicine has not been so successful for me so a little Chinese creativity is worth dipping into, especially if it gets rid of my migraines. It was so nice to wake up this morning without haze around my head. It was great to take on work and 3 boys without being slammed by pain in the mid-afternoon. I felt happy. I felt productive. I felt like taking my boys to Trader Joe's to get food to fill our fridge. I even felt like washing my car. I am a new me and I really look forward to waking up tomorrow and doing it all again.

Some of the advice that I got yesterday included: Eat organic, eat more vegetables, don't use your cell phone, stay away from the Halloween candy, brown rice is your friend (yes, and my aunt says that it will make you poop....A LOT), wild fish vs. farmed is better for you,.... All of the things that I already knew, but you know, I wasn't resisting change this time. It wasn't enough that I knew that baked goods and bread were not the way to go when losing weight. It took a person of this profession to get me to make a change in my lifestyle. I guess that if I knew that I was allergic to white flour before, I would have avoided it. I had this crazy thought...yeah a crazy one, this lady is taking on the great feat of decreasing American obesity one person at a time. I imagine her in her kitchen AKA "laboratory" haunched over, rubbing her hands together, cracking a crooked smile, and cackling over her brew of natural supplements.

So, the moral of this story is: A pain-free mom is a better mom and Trader Joe's is your best bet for great organic, white flour-free goodies! (Way to go Savory Thin Mini Edamame Crackers!) We thoroughly enjoyed the brown rice spaghetti this evening. Even with the side salad of organic baby spinach and wild salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment