Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Simple Things

It was a simple day. What I mean by that is that is that it was, well, boring on most accounts, but lovely in my book. A school holiday for Bryson and Cayden. I set the alarm for 8 AM, just in case life didn't wake me up any earlier: Simple. Bryson spent the night at a friend's so he wasn't even under my control until after lunch: Simple. Cayden went to work with Rylan and me. He colored and read at a desk in the back: Simple. Jerrod greeted us at home with his feather duster and apron....not really, but he had cleaned up the mess that I neglected to touch in the morning before leaving. He makes my job, honestly, simple. The boys played soccer in the front yard while I hand sewed Christmas gifts: Simple. No one in the soccer carpool but Cayden so I drove him alone: Simple. Arrived home to a warm family dinner: Simple. And now I wait for that simple homemade granola to finish baking in the oven as I listen to the new John Mayer album, not so simple, but calming. I'll take it. For all those days that are not so simple.....354 of them a year, I am so grateful for these 24 hours of simplicity.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had such an easygoing day - you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete