Monday, August 10, 2009

The Lakes


The last few days of our vacation were filled with trips to bodies of water. Our first being the famous Lake Shasta. Wouldn't you know, we hit the 1 day in the middle of August that was cooler than 80 degrees and raining. That didn't spoil our fun. The water was warm and the patio boat was very nice, although a warmer day would have made it a little more useful. The boys swam, fished, explored, and ate to their heart's content. It was a good day.

Friday, Aunt Crystal and Uncle John joined us. Grandpa Pat took us to Clear Creek to pan for gold. We didn't find much gold, but we lost a few flip flops. Some of us REALLY had a good time throwing rocks into the creek. I tried my best to re-enact my favorite scene from Dan in Real Life: taking out my frustration by throwing a huge rock into the water. It was still not your typical Redding summer weather, but it made for a good morning trip with 6 crazy kids.

Our last trip out was to Whiskeytown Lake. The water was cool and the weather was hot. We had a full day of tubing and swinging from the rope swing. Gavin and Bryson even caught fish.

So are you surprised that I actually had a fun time? I was too. But with every meeting with nature that I have, there has to be complaint. Here it is: I was done...DONE and ready to go and take a real shower back at the house. When we got back, the power was out.... To conserve the hot water, we all took 2 minute showers. Not my favorite, but enough to wash the lake grime off.

No comments:

Post a Comment