Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Cayden


Yesterday was Cayden's birthday. He is a 9 year-old, stud muffin now. Although he is not my youngest, he is my "baby". I'm not sure if it's his health issues or that he just is the sweetest boy ever, but he has a very special place in my heart and I believe that even when he is full-grown, I'll still be checking in on him in the middle of the night and kissing him on the forehead (hope his wife doesn't mind). He still cries when he is overly tired and sometimes needs some additional TLC, but is the toughest kid I know. Someone mentioned to me that he's "that kid" who can dress in the dark and not do his hair and still look cool. He has this presence about him that says, "I'm too cool to care about what I look like." It is true because there have been many-a-day when he has tried to sneak out of the house with plaid shorts and a striped shirt. I just don't want the call from social services regarding child neglect.

So we went to eat at Red Robin, one of the few restaurants that Cayden can eat at. He has food allergies....blah! My prayer for him is that he doesn't miss out on anything, including great food, because of them. But because of him, I have come to appreciate: eating out, ice cream, cheese, scrambled eggs, cookies,.... They are limited in our household.

Summer is soooo good, but summer is also a little sad. The boys turn one year older each summer. Soon, they'll want to hang with their friends instead of their parents. Soon, we'll be an embarrassment instead of "cool".

No comments:

Post a Comment