Thursday, August 27, 2009

Crappy Thursday

In response to such a wonderful Wednesday, I was "blessed" with the day from Car Hell. Not only was it hot, like triple-digit-hot, I had to visit Pep Boys and Tire's Warehouse on the SAME day for seperate reasons. Let me break it down for you:
8:30AM Morning is going well. Taking the little guys to a friend's house so I can go for a run. The car starts up a little funny (For the last few days it's been touch-and-go so I was just going to wait for the light on my dash to go off, but it never did)
9:45AM Run was good, but short because it was WAY TOO HOT! I had decided to run around my friend's neighborhood just in case the car wouldn't start. After discussing the issue with my friend, I decided that it would be best to get the battery checked.
10:00AM Made it to Pep Boys. Will take 40 minutes to an hour to do a diagnostic on my battery. Cayden, Rylan, and I WALK home. Did I mention that it was HOT?
10:45AM Get a call from Pep Boys. Need a new battery. He also mentions that my front tire is balding on the side, you could almost see the metal, and needs to be replaced ASAP (but he didn't pressure me to do it there. Very Nice! Plus, I knew it was balding....our allignment has been off, but it must have gotten worse in the last day or so)
12:00PM We had a date at the beach, but I realized that the parking pass was in the van, of course it was. Cancelled date. Some kids are sad. I feel bad and drive Jerrod's car and take them to lunch at Del Taco. They were all happy afterwards.
1:00PM Pick up the van and take it to Tire's Warehouse to get a matching tire and have the allignment fixed. Kids are good. We watch an episode of SpongeBob...the one where he falls in love with a Crabby Patty. We watch more SpongeBob.
2:30PM Finally my car has been restored to normal. We go back to Pep Boys and trade off cars because my bike won't fit in Jerrod's car. I take the boys home.
3:00PM Put Rylan down for a nap. Put Bryson in charge (are you nervous......I was!) and ride my bike to Pep Boys to get the van. We needed 2 cars avaliable for all of this evenings's activities.
3:45PM Finally, it's over. 2 cars in the driveway and my van is not lop-sided and grunting anymore.
4:00 PM I took that shower...you know, the one I was going to take at 10:00 after my run. It felt sooooo good.
4:51PM Now what?....Oh, I make dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds extremely stressful! Glad you made it through. Was Bryson a good babysitter?

    ReplyDelete