Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer Boredom

Aside from the fabulous run this morning, my boys and I did absolutely nothing today. It is all part of the "get-ready-for-school" plan. We've taken away most of their t.v. and computer time which gives them the option of either playing outside or reading a book. This plan leads to more napping, because there's nothin' else to do, and more play-at-the-neighbor's house. Yes! A win-win for me, although it just occured to me that they might be watching t.v. at the neighbor's house...but they're interacting with friends so it's ok.
Bryson, the oldest, tested his responsibility-skills by biking to Carl's Jr. with his wallet filled with a whopping $3 in cash. I am currently waiting to see what he comes home with. Does he know that ketchup packets are free? Can't get much with $3. Rylan, the "baby" is sitting at the table scratching his head thinking about what he'll glue to the table next. You're thinking right now, "She's got to be crazy to give her 3-year old a bottle of glue and scissors!" Well, I am. At least he isn't complaining that he's bored. Cayden, is the sporty son who can always be coaxed into playing outside, but today, like many other days, he has chosen to practice his new soccer moves in the house. I can't put limits on my soccer stud. He's gonna put me up in a nice house and pay my mental health bills when I get old...which is tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. what did bryson end up buying at carl's jr.? :-) rylan is such a character. your adventures with him crack me up the most. i'd like to come to one of cayden's games, when i am back in the country. you are NOT old. silly. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete