Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bunco and Bounce Houses

I just returned from a fantastic Bunco night with the ultra-cool school moms in the neighborhood. I say fantastic because: 1. I consumed enough calories to last me 2 days, 2. I got to catch up on the latest neighborhood gossip, 3. I got to know the ladies better, 4. I got to check out another neighbor's beautiful home, and finally 5. I won the jackpot!!!!!!!! So I took home more money than I brought, which was none because I forgot, but a nice friend let me borrow and I paid her back with my WINNINGS!

...oh, you want to hear more about the kids, not me....

Bryson cracks me up. He's been helping out at church camp. During camp hours, he and the other volunteers are not allowed to jump on the bounce houses due to the obvious....little kid+big kid+bounce house=some type of injury. The leaders made a wise decision to set up a time after camp to let the tweens/teens play. Bryson's been soo excited to bounce after camp each day, and then tonight during Bible study, they let them bounce again. This is the same little guy who was so apprehensive about ever going into a ball pit because of an unfortunate incident when he was 3 (swallowed by the pit and Mom, nine months pregnant, had to crawl through the "gerbil" tunnel to grab the sinking boy by the arm so he could breathe). This is also the same boy that would NEVER take off his shoes, not even to make a paint impression of his darling foot on a t-shirt for a music program in preschool. He didn't have a foot angel on his shirt and some really rude lady in the back wondered if it was against his religion because his shirt was blank. It was the same for bounce houses at parties too. He wouldn't take the shoes off. I am so glad that my son has outgrown his insecurities and that he can laugh about how he use to be. I was never able to to that. I still have a hard time. I love the boy he has become. I love that he longs to jump in the bounce house even if he is 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment