Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Meltdown

You are probably asking why I entitled this post, Meltdown. It's not because it's THAT hot and that I am melting, although I swear that I am having hot flashes. I hate sweat....In fact, I just realized how lame I was to take a shower this morning in preparation for my sweaty run only to shower after I returned. Back to the subject of meltdowns. Cayden, my sweet-quiet-hardly-ever-complaining son must have been really tired yesterday because he chose to cry and pout instead of going to a friend's to swim. And that isn't the kicker. I told him that he should go to his room and rest for a while and he stopped crying and said, "OK". He's spent the greater part of this week at church camp and it's a bit overstimulating for any kid, but I highly recommend it!

Bryson is volunteering at camp and really put up a fuss when I woke him up in the morning....I am beginning to see the teenager in him. He's only 12, but he is starting to sleep in when he can and he likes to "hang" in his pj's until I ask him to get dressed, which sometimes is not until lunch.

On the same afternoon, Rylan, the preschooler, decided that his shirt was too wet to wear. I had wiped off some toothpaste and attempted to dry it quickly with a hairdryer. He, like his brother, decided that crying would be easier than putting the shirt back on. It's funny, you know...2 of my boys would never change their clothes if they didn't have to, but Rylan wants a new shirt or pants when he drips water or gets a little dirt on his pants.

The final meltdown came from yours truly. You know that PMS that I had last week? I've extended the week. I won't say what the issue was....mostly because it really wasn't an issue until I made it one. Just keeping Jerrod on his toes!

Things have simmered since yesterday and we all look forward to an early bedtime.

1 comment:

  1. ((hugs)) & chocolate for your meltdown-infused moments. PMS can stand for POST MENSTRUAL SYNDROME, as well as PRE-MENSTRUAL SYNDROME, imho. anyway, i hope things are okay, laney. love you. sweet dreams, tonight!

    ReplyDelete