Friday, March 19, 2010

Life

Do I have one? What does it mean to have a life? I have life. I live. It seems though, these days go by as a flash and I can't remember what happened. Did I enjoy yesterday? I don't know. I don't remember. I guess that means that I didn't dislike it, but it wasn't superior. The one thing that I do remember from every day of my life is that I go to bed exausted, and I wake up the following day in a blur because I am so dang tired.
In order to determine if I have a "life" I decided to log a typical day in my blog.

March 18, 2010
7:00 AM Alarm goes off (Uuuugh...It's the Bible CD set to John. Wierd! So I lay there hoping for inspiration from the Holy Spirit)
7:15 AM Wake up. Tired. Moody.
8:00 AM Get the kids to school
8:15 AM Clean dishes and "work" on the computer (Facebook, e-mail, surf the web.....very important and maybe the highlight of my day)
9:00 AM leave for work
9:20-9:45 AM Sit and stare at my desk
9:45-12:10 Work (try to teach a 6th grader the purpose of slope....my God!)
12:30-12:50PM Start a load of laundry, clear off the table
12:50 PM Pick up Cayden
1:00-1:30 PM Stand at Carl's Jr. waiting....waiting....waiting for chicken stars to feed my boys before a birthday party
1:30-3:30 PM Hang out at the bowling alley and secretly stress out because my son hasn't completed a huge book report that is due tomorrow.
4:00 PM Realize that I haven't had breakfast yet
4:00-8:00 PM help son complete a book report that needs to be completely redone. Get frustrated because he completed it days ago, but hubby and I never looked it over to make sure it was print-ready.
6:45 PM Drive oldest son to Bible study
7:00 PM More laundry
8:00 PM Drive to dad's house to print the book report. (We haven't had a working printer in 2 years.)
9:00 PM settle down and watch 2 episodes of CSI on the dvr with hubby instead of going to sleep
11:00ish PM Bed, Finally!

Somewhere in there Jerrod realized that I wasn't going to make dinner so he put together a pork chop dinner and met with the tile guy.

And the party wasn't typical, so if I were to substitute soccer practice in there instead, it would be a usual day. Oh yeah, and I usually cook a meal for dinner.

So, I know that that's a cake day for most parents. What's my problem? I think that I have actually come to the conclusion that I need purpose in my life. I need motivation to spice up my life. I need goals. Today I am making my goal to get through my average day AND watch CSI at it's normal air-time. I think I can do it, and it will make me happy.

This is what I call life.....and I remember now that there isn't a CSI on Friday. I've disappointed myself once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment