Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Is 33 old?

I'm down to my final month of being 32. As I approach my "mid-thirties", I have been giving age a lot of thought. (Yes, I think a lot, and I think a lot about nonsense, but it's better than not thinking and just watching MTV...which I do sometimes too.) I think that I've gumbled through every birthday that I have had since I was 19. I guess it was just because I felt that is what most women do. Today I thought about the positive things about being ONLY 33. Here's my list:
1. I still look like I'm in my 20's. Some may even argue that I'm still in my teens. Yay!
2. I am Asian, therefore I have great age-defying skin. Yay!
3. I have a great son that will pick my white and grey hair for me.(Wierd, I know, but he does this so with much enthusiasm- It's like those chimps on the Discovery Channel) Yay!
4. I am still under the age limit of having a mamogram or a colonoscopy. Yay!
5. I don't get heartburn on a daily basis, unless I SHOVE my McMeal into my McFace. :(
6. I am the youngest lady in my Bunco group...unless someone is holding out their true age.
7. My husband still thinks that I'm "HOT!" (It's true, he said so just the other day)
8. I am young enough to know who Lady Gaga is. Yay!
9. I shop at Forever 21 and I don't think that anyone would think that I was out of place. Yay!
10. I have every right to act immature because I don't look like a grown-up yet. Yay!

So, lots of good reasons to enjoy being 33. For now, I don't mind getting older. I know that I will always be younger than my parents. Come on birthday, BRING IT ON!

1 comment: