Saturday, September 26, 2009

While the cat is away.....

I'm not saying that Jerrod is a cat...or that he is the only person who wears the pants in this house. I am saying though, that we "mice" (Rylan and I) are having a dandy time playing around with a lot more freedom. Jerrod has taken the two older boys to the Redding Air show for the weekend and Rylan and I have been very busy having fun. Today we started off by sleeping in until 8 and then getting ready to go to the library. We read some books and then hopped on over to the Green Expo in the library parking lot. I was hoping that I could get some information about composting, but Rylan wasn't really interested in conserving the environment so we left to go watch some soccer. First stop was to watch my friends' daughters' game. They are in 1st grade so you can imagine a large clump of girls with pony tails and ribbons trying to get a foot on 1 ball. It was very entertaining, mostly because I don't have girls and I am just fascinated by just how cute they are playing sports. Our second soccer stop was to watch Cayden's team play. Yeah, Cayden wasn't there. I don't really know what it was that made me feel obligated to go, but we did and cheered his team on. Maybe it was the money that we spend to have him involved in the club.....hmmmmmm.
We went to church and made it on time. I volunteered in Rylan's preschool class. He seems to enjoy having me there with him. But today was a bit chaotic because the "boss" wasn't able to make it and us leaders just stood around not knowing what to do. The kids were out of control because they didn't know what to do. Thankfully, church is only an hour and with preschool, you can get away with just saying something like "Today we're going to learn that God made everything. He made toys and friends to share with" and then let them play.
So tomorrow we may head off to the beach or the orchid show. We may even make it to OSH or the Home Depot to start building a compost pile. You know you have to let that stuff sit for a while before it actually becomes compost, right? Things you learn when you read books.....amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment