Thursday, September 24, 2009

More car problems

On the eve (afternoon before...whatever) of sending my "big men" to Redding, I spent too many wasted hours waiting for the cars to be "fixed". I DID say CARS-plural! Jerrod had asked me ever so gently to take his car in for a re-alignment so he could drive safely up the 5 freeway. I obliged and planned to take it in after work. Well, I drove to work and dropped off Rylan and realized that I had the wrong keys to my classroom and cupboards where all of my teacher "stuff" was. I drove home to get them and drew a sigh of relief. OK, work done and off to Allen Tires (to which I have always had such good experience with). As I sat there with Rylan laying on the floor for almost 2 hours, the "guy" finally came to ask me if someone had recommended 3 new tires. No, no one didn't. After a few calls to Jerrod and realizing that I had Cayden to pick up in 30 minutes and another car appointment in 45 minutes, I took the car home with cracked tires. What do I know about cars and tires? Nothing. I switched cars and was off to pick up Cayden and sit in the Toyota lounge for another 2 hours because the shuttle wasn't anywhere near HB, I guess. We waited and did homework....we watched the Angels lose. I fed my boys Dr. Pepper and Pop Tarts. Ultimately, it was a wasted day of car nonsense, but I will have peace-of-mind when Jerrod returns to Allen Tires today to pick up his car with 3 new tires. I didn't cook dinner. We just ate what we could from the fridge. As Jerrod and I settled in for the night, we looked at each other and realized that we didn't feed our little 3-year-old Rylan anything. Yes, the cars won on this day. Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment