Sunday, September 13, 2009

Family Time


Today was a great day! It didn't necessarily start out as a family day, but it ended as one. I hit the beach early for an 8-miler with my friend Stephanie. Running with Stephanie can only be described as getting to see a family therapist for free. I love it! We talk and council each other on issues and I always feel better at the end of our run. It may not be the same case for Stephanie, but I hope so. I hope that she doesn't take on my emotional baggage and become bitter towards me. I'd lose a running partner....there are very few who run at my pace.
After the run it was time for church, and wouldn't it be that it was "Family Day". The irony is that Bryson went to church with the neighbors. Cayden went with Jerrod to his church, and I took Rylan. It just happened that a good family friend, Scott, and his daughter came minus 2 members of their family and we meshed into a psudo family just for "Family Day".
At lunch back at home, four-out-of-five of us dined on leftovers and fish sticks then went to Home Depot and the nursery to get some plants. We returned home and Bryson was there to greet us. As a family, we planted our new foliage in order to beautify our front yard. We did a pretty good job. As a family we had a picnic dinner and played at the local park until it got cold. Like I said, it was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment