Saturday, February 19, 2011

Women Need Women

Friday's weather in southern California left much to be desired. It was cold, blustery (a word that I have heard preschool teachers, Winnie the Pooh, and my husband use), cloudy, and rainy. As the end of the school day came closer to its final minutes, we gathered one-by-one at our usual spot. The park was bare. Who would enjoy a day like this? The 4 of us would. As I sat there listening to conversations and interjecting my own silly comments, I realized just how much I depend on this daily ritual. This is my support group. These are women that I love for who they are. They share what is on their heart. We support each other in ways our husbands can not.

There are a few groups of women that gather at the park on a regular basis, but it was this group only that sat there in the wind and rain just to have a connection with each other. Everyday, I see pain, sadness, but also joy and amusement in the stories that are told. I am so grateful to these women that are willing to share and seek advice.

What I love most about these women is that they all sit on the same patch of grass, not to gossip or cause drama. We are all there to help each other become better mothers, wives, and friends. No man could give completely genuine and honest imput about being a better mother or wife.

Thank you for being there on that windy, rainy day. It warms my heart to think that it is as important to you all as it is for me to sit at the park and be there for each other regardless of the "weather".

...And for those who are seeking a special patch of grass for your own, you are always welcome to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment