Monday, February 7, 2011

A Wife of Noble Character

Proverbs 31:10-31

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies....

I am a thinker....more of a thinker than a talker. I also have "schizophrenic" tendencies and A LOT of the time believe that there is much more to life than is actually there. Weighing heavily on my shoulders is what people think of me. They could be thinking about their favorite flavor of ice cream, but I believe that they are thinking about a short-coming of mine and have a negitive perception of me.

God has opened up an old wound of mine and I am trying so hard to figure out why. It brought me to this reading of Proverbs and He has reminded me to tell my story with honesty and integrity and to hold-fast to my faith that everything in my life is intentional whether it hurts or not. This hurts.....a lot!

I made a friend. This friend was not a friend. I hid things from my husband. My husband already knew. My husband wanted to trust me. I tried to end the friendship many times but had an addiction to the admiration that I was receiving. My "friend" was reckless and persistent. Even though my husband knew that I was completely committed to him, he wanted to see that I could take care of myself, but I couldn't. God asked my husband to step in. I wanted my husband to step in. God told me to seek forgiveness. Life is good. My marriage was strong and still is. God brought a wonderful support group to me full of fantastic women. They look out for me all the time.

My heart has been palpitating much faster lately. Even after years, gossip and rumors are so wicked. I know that there is a reason for being uncomfortable. I have been brought back to my most cherished Bible verses. I am reminded that it shouldn't matter what other people say about me. My value lies in what God thinks of me. True value lies in what my husband and children think of me. I am being summoned once again, to work on becoming a wife of noble character.

The world can be deceiving. It is my hope that the people I care about know why I make it my passion to be honest and "real". I don't want to be deceptive. I want them to know my story. So, if you're my friend, and you want to know more about my story, I'll tell you. I think that it is a very noble story as it turns out.

I set my sights now on fulfilling the characteristics of a noble wife. I want my husband to have full confidence in me. I want my children to wake and call me blessed. I am so grateful to God for every incident in my life. I know that I needed to be friends with the wrong person to become a stronger person with a stronger faith.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised...

2 comments:

  1. My sister is going through this right now, but she is choosing to leave her husband for the rush of new love and the high of being adored. I know what this is like. This is a wicked, hard, choice. You know you made the right decision and are a living example of strength and belief. I can't believe God would want you to beat yourself up for making the right choice. You are a good example to your friends and a great mother. I'm honored that you are my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Truth will set you free. I love you, sweet friend, and believe that you are of great worth, a beautiful daughter of the King! Thank you for continuing to pursue your fullest life even when it doesn't make sense in the world.

    ReplyDelete