Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rennovation


3 days: 3 months:3 years: It's all the same in this house, as I am sure in many other homes. Remodeling is messy. It is stressful. It is full of anticipation and hopes of greatest desires fulfilled. It started with the cute, little, yellow Swiss-chalet house that was PERFECT. Eventually, it became, not so perfect. Mold in the walls, a slab leak in the kitchen, a crack in the shower.....Room by room we went, replacing walls and floors, carpet and cabinets. We are finally down to the last living space (unless you consider the bathroom a comfy place to spend time). Every one of our remodels started as a 3-day/week project. Many of our projects still remain unfinished. It is a way of life here in this household. Unfinished...but I'm okay with that. My home will never look like Martha Stewart's. I'll never be asked to have my home photographed for Better Homes and Gardens. I do though, take great pride in the fact that Jerrod and I have designed every remodel on our own and we have been pleased. I look forward to what will come of our living space. I look forward to the day when I can look from my living room sliding doors into my backyard and enjoy something other than dirt. We have great plans for this home. Besides, the kids get a kick out of seeing all of the destruction and chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment