Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Manwich


Last night Cayden made a comment to me. He told me that I should go out more often so he could have Manwich and tater tots. Oh, wouldn't I just love to cook up a batch of "man" food (sloppy-joes, chili dogs...pretty much anything that comes from a can and has a red-face-staining color to it) and just leave a few sporks on the table and head out the door with my keys.

I would love to say that I've worked so very hard on making sure that my children get the proper nutrition that they need to stay healthy, but last night, it was my mental health that needed to be restored. As a result, the kids and hubby dined on an increased amount of saturated fat and enjoyed every bit of it (...and the can says that you get 2 servings of vegetables).

What is it about "man food"? I just don't get it, but maybe that is because I am a woman. Even if it is an easy meal, I just don't think that I could sit down and genuinely pray to God and "thank" him for this meal that has been prepared. Wow! That is pretty selfish of me....to not be thankful to God for Manwich. Next time I am complaining of my state of starvation, I am sure that He will send down the Manwich until it comes out of my nasal passages. Lesson learned. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment